University of Essex Home Page

Skip to main contentStudent Support Office Home Page

funding and money
international students
disability and dyslexia
contact us
links and FAQs
University of Essex Home Page


Dyslexia and Specific Learning Difficulties

Advice and support for students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) such as dyslexia is available from Student Support.  In order to access support, you will need to supply a copy of the report that confirms your diagnosis.  If you do not have a diagnosis or a copy of the report available, we can help to arrange an assessment for dyslexia.

Support available

Once we have evidence of your SpLD you may be able to access the following support

I had my report done before I was 16 years old, do I need another?

Show us a copy of your assessment and discuss what services you hope to access.  We can advise if this is adequate or if you need another assessment.


Colchester Campus
Dyslexia Drop-in: Student Support - Room 4N.6.2
Tuesday 3pm - 4pm and Friday 2pm - 3pm (during term time)

If you have any queries or wish to discuss your support contact us.



University of Essex Home Page
money | wellbeing | international | disability | contact us | a-z | student support