University of Essex Home Page

Skip to main contentStudent Support Office Home Page

funding and money
international students
disability and dyslexia
contact us
links and FAQs
University of Essex Home Page


Withdrawing, Intermitting, Absence

How do I intermit or withdraw?

The procedures and forms are available to read and download from the Registry website under 'student information':

International Students - Immigration

If you are an international student and you are withdrawing, intermitting or taking a leave of absence please read the advice on the University's immigration webpages.

Required to Withdraw

If you have received a letter from the Academic Registrar giving you a deadline upon which withdrawal proceedings will take place due to unpaid debt, and you are unable to pay the debt, please contact the Income and Payments Office, square 2, to discuss your situation.


You are required to inform the University of the reason for any absence from classes and should use the correct form to notify your Head of Department of the reason for your absence. Absence notification guidance and forms are available to read and download from the University's website.

How will withdrawing/intermitting affect my funding?


University of Essex Home Page
money | wellbeing | international | disability | contact us | a-z | student support